Friday, April 11, 2014

Oboe-ing it up

So I feel as if I should write this blog...but to be honest todaysmeet has captured my attention for the time being.
ANYWAY
Another successful week of playing the oboe has passed! I finished the beginner book that my band teacher has given to me and I will be traveling to a music store on Saturday to see if I can get a new book to further my oboe skillz. Before playing the oboe it seemed fairly hard, but after a while I realized that it's not that hard and that I'm actually pretty good at it (if you get past the squeaky noises when I play high notes). Some of my favorite songs I played out of my fifth grade level book were "Joy to the World" and "There's a Hole in My Bucket". "There's a Hole in My Bucket" is actually the best song in the world and you should all go search it on youtube if you've never heard it before.

Realizing that I'm actually pretty good at the oboe has given me more hope for my future performance as well. Now that I know my song won't have to be restricted to 10 notes anymore, I can play a lot of beginner songs that sound more complex. I was told by my friend that a lot of the baroque pieces for oboe are fairly easy, so I may be able to play a baroque piece for my performance :)

Okay well I'm going to peace out now, but I'll keep you friends updated on what I'm doing next and maybe post a video soon.
-Julia

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is the best blog I've ever read in my whole entire life I think everyone should have a blog this good because it's so inspiring :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you appreciate "There's a Hole in My Bucket" as much as I do.

    Dear Liza, dear Liza... x1239874123

    ReplyDelete