Friday, March 28, 2014

Oboe Player in Da House

Hello fellow bloggers ☺ I am Julia and this is my blog about learning to play the oboe. I've always found the oboe to be a magestical instrument and it has always seemed to razz my berries, so I've decided to pick it up and learn to play it. I already play the piano, clarinet, and ukulele, so I don't think learning a fourth instrument will be thaaaaat hard...

If any of you were wondering what an oboe looks like, here's a picture. And contrary to popular belief, one can actually get the oboe to not sound like a dying duck if the right techniques are used. For my 20-time project I will attempt to learn some new oboe techniques so that I will hopefully be able to play an oboe song at the end of the school year. If any of you wanted to learn to play the oboe, I would recommend that you check out this website:
http://www.learntoplaytheoboe.com/
It's full of advice from different oboe reeds to buy to what teacher you can get.
I know, I'm so helpful.
I haven't actually started playing the oboe yet, so my project hasn't exactly started yet, but I am determined that when I begin playing it that it will be awesome. I got some recommendations on oboe reeds that I've ordered and I got an oboe to play on!
I hope you all enjoy my blog :)
-Julia

5 comments:

  1. Wow Julia this is the best oboe blog I've ever read in my entire life. I am excited to see you become a wonderful oboe player because you are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be an oboist as well Obadeh, then you and Julia can both be oboe-dehs.

      Delete
  2. Well done, Julia. I am excited to actually hear you play ANY of these four instruments. It seems like music is your passion. Why the oboe and not another instrument?? Is it similar to a clarinet? What music will you share with us? Can't wait to hear it! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is one heck of a goal. I have heard how hard oboe can be and it seems impossible to play an instrument with that sort of reed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will admit to the fact that I have always admired those who choose to play the oboe because it is a more difficult instrument, and I can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete